Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mike Gminski

New Jersey Nets
6-11 270 Center

Signed 4-year, $2.6 Million contract before last season after missing some of training camp... Hardly missed a step, however, leading club in scoring with 15.5 ppg and finished second in rebounding at 8.2 rpg... Had career high 41 points and 22 rebounds in late season game against Celtics, then had 35 points and 15 rebounds in next game against Hawks... After Daryl Dawkins went out, this Duke product averaged 21.8 ppg and 10.2 rpg... In last 12 games, his figures were 25 ppg and 11.3 rpg... Broke Mike Newlin's franchise freethrow accuracy of .888 by forging .893 mark, third best in the league... Had streaks of 44 and 42 in a row from line... Wife Stacy is a stockbroker, prompting him to say, "She should be reaching six figures by the time I'm falling out." Has nearly unstoppable jump hook... Born Aug. 3, 1959, in Monroe, Conn.... Nets chose him 7th overall in 1980 draft.

Relevant Stats:
16.5 ppg, 51.7 FG%, 8.2 rpg

3 comments:

Lex said...

John, what happened to ya?

Frank Bermúdez said...

Hello, im from Mexico and I love basketball.
I land in your Page and its super for me!!!

i put a link from my web page.

http://www.regiobasket.com

I will be here soon!!

Ben Guest said...

I loved the Zander Hollander books. I still have a bunch from the early and mid-90's and still pull them off the shelf from time to time. The all-time best entry is Rasheed Wallace after his rookie year when Hollandr wrote, and I'm writing from memory here: "Showed the emotional stability of Hitler during the bunker days."